Mini Facelift or S Lift-Short Scar Facelift Surgery
The main goal of mini face lift surgery is to create a younger appearance and to improve your self-confidence.
The operation is of best benifit to people in their middle age whose skin lost its elasticity, resulting in a heavy and tired appearance.
Its effects are less dramatic but can fix specific signs of aging in the face. That's why a mini facelift is a popular choice for not so old patients as a maintenance procedure.
Being less invasive than a full facelift, the S lift does not always require general anesthesia and the recovery time is shorter. The costs associated with this surgery are also lower than in the case of facelift.
We have put below the main facelift advantages:
- a rejuvenated, rested and energized appearance
- better defined jaw line
- neck-chin angle restoration
- excess fat removal
- shorter at-home recovery period
- possibility to avoid the general anesthesia
- rapid and natural-looking results
- lower costs
- improving one's self-esteem
This procedure is often performed in conjunction with forehead and eyelid surgery.
There are about 17 different ways of performing facelift surgery involving different planes, different incisions and all with very different results.
As opposed to the full facelift a mini facelift procedure uses fewer and smaller incisions.
There are two basic techniques related to mini face lift. They can be performed together or individually.
The first one addresses to the lower face while the latter one is designed for persons concerned about the neck and jowl area.
A local anesthetic will be injected in front or behind the ears. This will numb the lower face and decrease the chance of bleeding. A few small incisions will be placed either in front or behind the ears and will proceed up into the hairline. Then, the surgeon elevates and tightens the skin. The incisions are closed with fine sutures while the surplus skin is taken away.
The procedure takes around 1 to two hours.
If desired by the patient, general anesthesia can be performed. If not, local anesthetic with mild sedation can be used but you must discuss this with your surgeon
Mini face lift surgery is a short and safe operation that can provide specific results that keeps your look rejuvenated and energetic without making it obvious that you've had surgery. Because this procedure is not as invasive as the traditional facelift, the risks are minimised as well.
Please note below the possible risks following a short scar face lift surgery:
- Bleeding and Hematoma � if bleeding occurs under the skin, a hematoma can develop, leaving the area swollen; this may require a new operation to stop the bleeding and remove the blood.
- Infection � It typically occurs in a specific area, but it is quite rare. Most surgeons prescribe antibiotics after the surgery to prevent infections.
- Injury to the nerves that control facial muscles � This is very rare and usually temporary. It usually corrects itself in about 2-6 months.
- Skin may take longer time to recover - this is common for patients who smoke.
- Scars - there will be hardly any noticeable scars
- Crust on the incisions - usually temporary.
- Numbness around the incision areas - this should be temporary.
- Skin or hair loss � very rare. The hair will re-grow within several months.
- Skin discoloration - this is exceedingly uncommon, but if it happens it will heal in a few months.
- Broken capillaries. This condition may already exist on the cheeks and neck and can be treated with laser.
For the first consultation with the surgeon, the patient is advised to prepare a set of questions that might help them better understand the benefits, risks and performance of the procedure.
Therefore, for a more meaningful consultation, we have summarised below the following questions related to mini facelift:
- Am I a good candidate for mini face lift surgery?
- What should I avoid prior to the operation?
- Can you explain the operation to me in detail?
- How many incisions will there be and where will they be placed?
- What benefits can I expect from the surgery?
- Can you show me before and after photos?
- How will I look like?
- What side effects and complications may I experience by undergoing the procedure?
- Will I have pains during or after the procedure?
- How long will it take before I can resume my normal activities following a mini face lift?
- How long will the results last?
- What is the recovery time?
- What cannot be achieved by having a mini face lift?
- What cosmetic procedures can be combined with mini face lift for a better effect?
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures A-Z
- Forehead Reduction Surgery
- Gender Reassignment Surgery
- Hairline Lowering Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Labial Reduction
- Thread Lift Silhouette Face
- Thread Lift Silhouette Neck
- Thread Vein Reduction
- Tooth Whitening
- Tummy Tuck